Thursday 1 April 2010

London review cake shop


So Ive always loved the idea of a coffee shop in a book shop which is usually starbucks in borders or costas in waterstone so it was refreshing to see an independent one. Its near holborn station. Its a cute little place that you can go and look at books and then go and have cake and tea. They sell a wide range of teas including jing and mariage freres. They have a variety of cakes too. I shared a orange marmalade cake which was syrupy and delicious as well as a passionfruit carrot cake with walnuts. I was a bit unsure whether I would like the passionfruit cake but I did. It was a great treat with a cup of tea. I would definetly say you should go there because its different and its even great to go alone and read. They have a range of sweet and savory snacks so you wouldn't go hungry. I really like the atmosphere and its a great way to relax after work or go to for your lunch break to get away from the busy life of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment