Wednesday 24 March 2010

A mad hatters tea


Afternoon tea
So since the release of Tim Burtons Alice in wonderland there has been a craze about anything to do with mad hatters. So since I love anything to do with alice in wonderland and afternoon teas I had to go an experience the Mad Hatters tea at the Sanderson hotel. So who better to take than my my fellow foodie my bf.Its a strange hotel. Its one of those you either love it or hate it. The tea was served in the courtyard in these amazing tea stands with a tea cup on top. You started off with crazy coloured sandwiches made with breads such as saffron. Then we got some scones with clotted cream and jam. Then there was a wide array of cakes such as chocolate crackle cake and haselnut passionfruit tart with the white rabbits pocket watch. We also got two lollies. One was a pinapple hot and cold lolly and the other one was was a mint chocolate chip ice cream one. I love sweet food but it was a bit of an overload. But all in all I had a good time. Since its only going on for a month it was definetly worth it.


Calloh callay
Ok so I wanted to try an unusual bar so I thought why not try calloh callay.my bf was like what if its weird because the poems so strange. But i said hopefully it will be a good weird and it was. The drinks are printed on an underground map where each line such as the metropolitan line represents either a sweet, sour etc cocktail. I had the cocktail afternoon twee since it was a sweet one. Then my bf saw that you could by a big drink that came in a gramaphone. its 35 pounds and its a drink for four. we ended up getting that which is called the mad hatters punch and lets just say after that I became mad. I will definetly be going back because its a resonable price for drinks in london and its a nice place to go with a group of friends since theres cool music and a great atmosphere. The bit i liked the best was the fact that the door to the other room looked like the wardrobe from the lion,the witch and the wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment